How To Tie The Uni Knot
The Uni-knot is a very versatile and strong fishing knot. This knot is great for many fishing scenarios. You can use it for line to leader combinations as well.
Step-by-step instructions are below. But first, this diagram may help!
The Uni Knot [Hangmans Knot] | Step-By-Step Instructions
Check out these step-by-step instructions below to learn how to tie the Uni-Knot!
Time needed: 1 minute.
Instructions for how to tie the Uni Knot
- Thread line through eye of hook or lure.
- Grab the “tag end” of the line (the end NOT connected to your spool).
- Make a loop with the tag end of the line.
- Pinch the top of the loop you just made against the line with your index finger.
- Loop the tag end of the line inside and around the top of the loop 5 times.
- Slowly pull the tag end away from the hook/lure.
- Trim the tag end of the line. FINISHED! You have completed the Uni-Knot!
We know many of you enjoy learning how to tie different types of fishing knots. You may have watched some of our other videos on how to tie the palomar knot, or double palomar knot. Check out the video below on how to tie the one of the most versatile fishing knots… The Uni Knot!
So, grab a rod, tie on your favorite fishing lure with a uni knot, and Put A Hook N1!
Be sure to check our Put A Hook N1 fishing shirt designs!